TUALATIN VALLEY GLEANERS
THIS PAGE AND THE REST OF THE WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Our mission in the community:
Is to help people help themselves to meet the needs of their households by the following:
- To provide food, aid and other assistance to the low-income, disabled, children and elderly in the Tualatin Valley, Oregon area.
Tualatin Valley Gleaners is a supplemental food program serving the greater Washington County Area, made up of low-income members of the community working together in collaboration to promote food security for all. The TVG incorporated in 2005 and began their mission of providing a stable way for families in need to access quality nutritious foods on a weekly basis.
- Our clients gain more than just food by attending the gleaners each week. We focus on dignity and compassion for others in need. By offering a variety of information and services, we are hoping to provide the members with stability and tools for self-sufficiency in their lives.
- Gleaning experiences
- Weekly Food Support for low-income individuals
- Gardening education at the Giving Gardens - Beaverton Oregon
- Cooking and Food Preservation Classes
- Harvesting through nature - Farm2Forest, Tree Harvesting
- SNAP- Housing- Health Insurance information/referral
- Advocacy skills to promote independence
- Holiday Program for budget success
- Work experience through volunteering in various positions
- Letters of work recommendations (after completing volunteer requirements)
- Civil Rights and Discrimination video training
- Food Safety Training
- A strong local community support group
Come See Us :
9100 SW Wilshire St.
Portland, OR 97229
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.